After a first visit to the sports facility, a diagnosis will be made to determine the maintenance actions to be carried out in each case.
The basic objectives of the Artificial Turf Maintenance Program that we carry out at Sports & Landscape are the following:
1. Guarantee the safety, performance and biomechanical comfort of the players.
2. Maximize the life cycle of the pavement while maintaining excellent performance.
On the other hand, maintenance operations must be understood as a prevention system rather than repair. Problems should be avoided and, if they appear, they must be resolved as soon as possible.
In which the most appropriate maintenance operations will be defined for each playing field, as well as the frequency of the same, evaluating the following parameters:
- Height (mm) and type (Fibrillated, monofilament, mixed, etc.)
- Type of terrain (SBR, thermoplastic, etc.)
- Hours of use
- Environment (vegetation, pollution, etc.)
We must make it clear that artificial turf is a synthetic material and, as such, it is not strictly obligatory to water it. But for proper maintenance, irrigation becomes a key factor in ensuring that the field does not lose its sporting capacity and that the material does not degrade.
Machinery for maintenance: